When we provide services, such as this webpage, we want to make them as useful as possible. When delivering services over the internet it is common practice to store small amounts of information on your computer or phone. This information is stored by your web browser in small files called cookies. Cookies serve a number of possible purposes:
You can block / remove cookies using your browser. A useful guide to doing this is available here. There are two main types of cookies, first party and second party.
Cookie Name: _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz, _cfduid
These cookies are used to collect information about how people use our site in an anonymous form. This helps us see how the website is used. They are also used to provide Google Plus "+1" functionality.
Cookie Name: cluid, _cfduid, first_pv_66475689
These cookies are used to collect information about how people use our site in an anonymous form. This helps us see how the website is used.
As a customer of Lawrence of Kemnay Ltd we may in certain circumstances collect and process your personal date in the course of our business with you. Under the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016 / 679 (GDPR) you are entitled to be informed of what data we will hold and how we intend to use that data. This Privacy Statement informs you of what data we collect, why we collect it and the lawful conditions we consider appropriate for the processing of your personal data.
`Personal data` means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, most common data being name, address, email, telephone number or IP address.
We may collect, store and process the following types of personal data relating to you through our website, online enquiry forms, by telephone, email or in person at our branches.
1. Information that you provide to us if enquiring about purchasing goods or services from us, including name, address, telephone number, email address and IP address.
2. Information that you provide to us in order to purchase goods or services from us including date of birth, finance details, photographic proof of identity and proof of income.
3. Information that we are legally bound to provide to 3rdparties including driving licence details.
Personal data we collect from you will be used for the purposes it was provided, including the following:
1. In order for you to form a legally binding contract with us.
2. In order that we can propose and secure a finance agreement for you if required.
3. In order for us to verify your identity.
4. To contact you in the event of any vehicle safety recalls.
5. To contact you for non-marketing purposes which we consider to be for legitimate interest reasons including MOT reminders, service reminders and customer service surveys.
We will collect information from you including how you would like us to contact you and use your information to, on occasion inform you about relevant products and offers after you have purchased a product or service from us or made a purchasing enquiry. It is your option not to receive marketing communications and you can withdraw your consent at any stage.
Should you wish to be removed from our marketing database or advise us of an amendments to your marketing preference you can do so by email email@example.com by post or telephone to Lawrence of Kemnay Ltd, Elphinstone Road, Port Elphinstone, INVERURIE, AB51 3RN. Tel 01467 629926.
There may be instances where we share your personal data with 3rdparty organisations where it would be reasonable to do so, these include
1. Finance companies where you have entered into a Finance Agreement.
2. Insurance companies and Warranty companies depending on products purchased or provided with any car sale.
3. Vehicle Manufacturers where you purchased a vehicle from one of our franchises represented.
There may be circumstances when we are legally obliged to share your personal data:
1. To the extent that we are legally obliged to do so by law.
2. In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings.
3. In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
4. To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information, where in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
We may use your personal information to contact you for reasons that we consider are in our commercial interests and / or the interests of our customers. We consider these Legitimate interest to be:
1. To contact our customers in order to gain feedback in to the service we have provided and what we did well or badly.
2. To contact our customers to remind them of vehicle service dates.
3. To contact our customer to remind them of MOT due dates.
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
As a result of Lawrence of Kemnay Ltd processing your personal data you have a number of individual rights:
1. You may instruct us to provide your with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request – Upon receipt of such a request, we will, after confirming identity provide all relevant data we may hold to you, in the most practical format and as soon as possible. We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
2. You may instruct us to correct any inaccuracies in that personal data which we will do as quickly as possible.
3. You may instruct us to destroy some / all of your personal date which we will do as quickly as possible. (The Right to be Forgotten)
4. You may in certain circumstances request that your data is transferred to another service provider. (The Right to Data Portability)
Should you have any concerns or questions about how we process and store your personal data please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our handling or your personal data, you can complain to the Information Commissioner`s Office via the following:
SK9 5AF Telephone 0303 123 1113 www.ico.org.uk